About the Journal
The Polaris – Journal of Maritime Research (P-JMR) is produced by National Centre for Maritime Policy Research (NCMPR), Pakistan. The Centre was established as Karachi Chapter of National Institute of Maritime Affairs (NIMA) in 2007 to provide a seat of excellence for maritime policy research and serve as a Think Tank for multidisciplinary study and analysis of maritime affairs. For details please visit National Centre for Maritime Policy Research. The journal is HEC recognized in Y category.
Brief about Polaris
Polaris – Journal for Maritime Research (P-JMR) is a multi-disciplinary social science journal which aims to promote and highlight the information and knowledge about maritime affairs. P-JMR is an international peer-reviewed, ISSN registered academic journal which focuses on the maritime dimensions of economic, social, environmental, historical and legal subjects. The journal is supported by the centralized funds of Bahria University.
Scope of Journal
We welcome academic contributions from all fields which have relevant and insightful analysis and events of regional and international significance. The research scholars are encouraged to submit their original, unpublished contribution in form of research articles, policy papers and book reviews which covers the broad spectrum of maritime subjects such as:
- Geo-Politics and Strategic Maritime Environment
- Maritime Security
- Maritime Trade and Economy
- Ports and Logistics
- Environmental Issues and Oceans Governance
- Maritime Laws & Policies
- Maritime Technology
- Maritime Training and Education
- Sustainable Utilization of Marine Resources
Aims and Objectives of PJMR
- Enhance maritime awareness amongst masses.
- Promote finding and research on Maritime subjects at national and international level.
- Increase scope of maritime studies amongst academia policy and research institutes in Pakistan.
- Encourage students, researchers, and maritime stakeholders to produce academic research on tangible problems and challenges of the field.
- Support objectives of NIMA in all relevant domains through promoting literary work/research.